We know that Light up a Life is a very special occasion for all those who attend. It’s a chance to take some time out to remember those we have lost – in a gathering of others who are all going through the same personal journeys. Light up a Life is often sad and joyful at the same time; but always immensely fulfilling for guests, hospice staff and volunteers alike.
In 2017 we will be hosting five Light up a Life services. Each lasting around an hour and featuring special readings from hospice staff and volunteers and traditional carols and music. Memory Stars (see below), carrying personal messages of remembrance and love, will be displayed in a position of honour at each event.
Our 2017 Light up a Life services will take place on the following dates:
- Friday 1st December at Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park at 6pm
- Sunday 3rd December at St John’s Church, Egham 3.30pm
- Sunday 3rd December at St Dunstan’s Church, Woking at 6.30pm
- Sunday 10th December at St James’ Church, Weybridge 3.30pm
- Sunday 10th December at St Andrew’s Church, Woking 6.30pm
We have created an online Memory stars book, which displays all dedicated names and we will regularly be adding to it from now and throughout the Christmas period.