Legacies or gifts in Wills play a vital role in safeguarding our future work. Without this type of generous support, we would not be able to meet the demand for our services in the future.
We provide specialist end of life care to local people and their families living in north and central Surrey. A legacy gift is a lasting and effective way to help our vital services to continue for years to come.
The difference your gift could make
By leaving a gift to Woking & Sam Beare Hospices in your Will, you can make a big difference to those in the future who need our support. You could be helping us to provide future personalised care to patients both within the hospices and at home 24-hours a day, arranging respite to carers, offering complementary therapies, support and counselling to loved ones and to continue to care for all with compassion, ensuring respect and dignity.
In the past year, legacy gifts have helped contribute towards all our services, including:
- The cost of 24-hour care in our in-patient unit
- Visits by our Community Team to patients' home
- A full year's worth of Day Care sessions
How to leave us a gift in your will
Leaving a gift is an important decision, but can be surprisingly easy to do. Family and friends must come first, or course. After you have provided for loved ones, please consider remembering the hospices in your Will. We can offer information and support to make the process as easy as possible and the key information you’ll need is:
- State in your Will that you would like to leave a gift to us. We recommend using a solicitor or professional will-writer to ensure your Will is legal and valid.
- Include our name and charity number, to make sure the money goes to the right place: Woking Hospice (Registered charity number 1082798).
- If you would like to restrict your gift to go towards a specific area of our work, you may be able to add this into your Will. To find out more, please get in touch with our Legacy Manager on 01483 881752 or send an email.
- If you have already included a gift in your Will to us, we are very grateful and would love if you could let us know.
What types of gifts can you leave?
There are three main ways of leaving a gift in your Will:
- A share of your estate. After you’ve provided for your loved ones, you can leave a share, or remainder of your estate to us. This is called a ‘residuary gift‘.
- A cash gift. This is when you leave an exact sum of money to us. It is known as a ‘pecuniary gift‘.
- A ‘specific gift‘. This can be any item of value such as jewellery, paintings and furniture.
We’re so very grateful for every single gift we receive. When you add them all together, they make a big difference.
For more information contact our Legacy Manager on 01483 881752 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org