You can help support us by signing up to the WSBH Golf Society and joining us at our golf days throughout the year.
In 2018, the Golf Society raised an incredible £35,000. This means overall since 2016 the Golf Society has contributed over £60,000 towards the hospice.
Last year, over 190 members and guests took part in our golf days at some of the best courses in our area. We would like to see the Golf Society continue to grow in 2019 and we are aiming to raise over £50,000. The funds raised from the Golf Society will be supporting the care we provide every day of the year across Six Surrey Boroughs.
In 2018 we cared for around 2,000 patients, their families and carers. 70% of the care we provided was in patients’ own homes. It costs £24 an hour to care for a patient on the ward in Woking Hospice and costs £56 an hour to care for a patient in their own home. If the golf society are successful in raising £50,000 this year, this will fund 2,100 hours of care on the ward or over 890 hours of care in the local community.
As well as continuing to play, you can help us grow the Society in the following ways:
- Introduce a friend or colleague to the Society.
- Volunteer to help at an event.
- Donate an auction or raffle item.
- Discuss potential sponsorship opportunities.
- Sign up to gift aid, so we can receive an extra 25p for every £1 you donate, at no extra cost to you. The form is available on our website or attached for your convenience. wsbhospices.co.uk/giftaid
We have golf days taking place in various locations across Surrey this year. Please get in touch to book your place email@example.com