New Build Capital Appeal
The decision to merge Woking Hospice and Sam Beare Hospice to a state-of-the-art facility in Goldsworth Park, Woking was made in 2014. Merging the two hospices to one site is primarily because we put our patients at the heart of everything we do and to better enable us to increase our impact and reach by:
- Offering the best possible facilities and care for our patients
- Providing 20 private purpose built rooms, each with an en-suite bathroom and balcony
- Having private family pods and capacity for overnight stay
- Offering two bariatric rooms
- Improving best practice sharing and staff development [training centre]
- Enhancing our Wellbeing Centre with the most modern equipment
- Improving the environment to maximise patient and visitor comfort
- A purpose built multi-faith suite
- Reducing our ongoing costs by being on one site
The impact of these changes:
- By combining two in-patient units into one specialist unit, in-patient care has been transformed. More spacious rooms and modern facilities make it much easier to care for increasing numbers of patients, including those with more complex conditions.
- We are now better able to offer each family space to stay close to their loved one and with overnight stay when requested, enabling them to spend more time together whilst reducing the potential stress of travelling daily to and from the hospice.
- By combining and developing our day care units into the Bradbury Wellbeing Centre we have been able to create a large social area, with clinical and therapy rooms, counselling rooms and an assisted bathing suite.
- The new reception, grounds and entrance area provide a much more welcoming experience to patients and their families, helping them feel relaxed in a friendly, home-from-home environment.
- There is a hugely enhanced environment and better systems for our community nurses, which means better care for patients and, ultimately, enables us to help more people to be cared in their preferred place.
None of this would be possible without our generous supporters
The total build costs where £9.4 million. Over 60% of this has been funded by a loan from Woking Borough Council and we launched our New Build Capital Appeal to raise the balance. As you walk around the new hospice rooms have been named in memory of loved ones where individuals and local business have given so generously to the New Build Capital Appeal.
Find out more about our New Build Appeal
If you would like to know how you can contribute to our appeal please contact our Fundraising Director Phil Wormley:
email@example.com | 01483 881752