Job Role : To care-take a Woking or Sam Beare Hospice Charity Shop in the absence of the permanent Shop Manager, as directed by the Area Shops’ Manager. To present to customers and supporters a positive image of the Hospices through excellent retail practices.
- Provide effective management of a shop, following all retail policies and procedures, in the manager’s absence.
- Provide effective management of a team of volunteers, in conjunction with the permanent Shop Manager.
- If required organise an appropriate rota to ensure that the shop is able to trade a minimum of 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Saturday/Sunday.
- With reference to the current range plan, manage the receipt into the shop of appropriate donations.
- Prepare donations for safe collection by the Warehouse.
- Receive stock from the Warehouse and prepare for sale, including hanging, steaming and pricing according to category.
- Ensure that all merchandise is displayed in a logical and coordinated way, to agreed standards, in a manner that is attractive and accessible to customers.Ensure all stocks are rotated to agreed timescales and procedures.
- Implement all promotional activity as advised, including Hospice promotions, for example lottery and fund raising events.
- Ensure maximum donations are gift aided and gift aided goods for sale are correctly labelled in accordance with our gift aid policies and procedures.
- Ensure the shop complies with all current Health and Safety, Fire and Trading Standards legislation.
- Ensure effective communication with line manager.
- To undertake other specific tasks and projects as requested by your line manager from time to time.
- To escalate to your line manager any issues and problems experienced, agree and implement resolutions.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please see the job description or contact the HR department, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, on 01483 742682.
No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete the application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park, Denton Way, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.