Calling all golfers
Take the challenge to collectively achieve 18,000 holes played across North West Surrey
Your local community charity is setting North West Surrey the challenge to collectively play 18,000 holes of golf from 27 – 30 September 2018, which is at the time of the Ryder Cup.
Part of our Five Year Strategy is to increase awareness about hospice care across our region. There are approximately 46 Golf Clubs within the region we serve. Through this vast Surrey network of golfers we set the challenge to collectively play as many holes of golf as possible in support of your local community charity.
This is the primary brand colour for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices. As part of the challenge we ask participants to wear something purple, or a simple purple ribbon in your cap, to show you are taking the challenge in support of the hospice.
It is simple and easy to take part, is open to anyone and you do not have to be a Club Member.
All you have to do:
- If you are planning to play golf at any time from Thursday 27 to Sunday 30 September all you have to do is register the round you plan to play here by clicking on the ‘Register Now’ button. Even if you are playing in a team, each individual member is asked to kindly sign up individually to ensure we capture the told number of holes played. All participants’ data will be securely protected but we need confirmation of all players to evidence and set the benchmark for the number of golfers taking part.
- The first step in the registration will ask you to please make a donation of £5-15*. You will be asked if we can Gift Aid your donation. All money raised will contribute to delivering hours of specialist palliative care to patients and their families across Surrey. Please see the note below on making donations.
- You will be asked which Golf Club you plan to play at. This is so we can encourage some friendly inter-club rivalry.
- Tell others you have registered and help to spread the word about the Golf-a-thon by suggesting they take part as well. There are some promotional materials you can download below.
- Play golf at any time from Thursday 27 — Sunday 30 September 2018.
- Optional: Purple is the primary brand colour for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices so we ask you to wear something purple while you play, or don a purple ribbon in your cap, to show you are playing for your local hospice care provider.
- Optional: Take a picture of you and your fellow golfers in purple and share @WSBHospices #WSBHgolf.
- Optional: As you play have team forfeit fines and donate your combined collection to the hospice.
Every penny counts
When you click to register you will be taken to Charity Checkout, which is our donation payment gateway*. We would be extremely grateful if you wish to take part in the Golf-a-thon challenge to put North West Surrey on the map for the most holes of golf played from 27-30 September, if you would kindly make a donation as part of the registration process.
Every £56 we are able to collectively raise will help us to deliver 1 hour of care through our Community Teams to patients in their own homes across North West Surrey.
*Please be advised that in order for us to process registrations, combined with the donation being against the Golf-a-thon, and to enable us to then claim GiftAid, we have chosen to use Charity Checkout. This medium means that you will be asked to make a donation first. There is a minimum compulsory field of £1 per registration. We are not able to change this and we do apologise if any offence is caused to anyone that wants to take part but who does not wish to make a donation.
Click on any of the buttons below to download a PDF poster or flier and share them with your friends and colleagues; put a poster on your staff noticeboard at work; or if you are a Golf Club Member please ask the club to put a poster up in the Club House – that is if the club does not already know about the Purple Golf-a-thon.
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Golf Society
You might also be interested to know that we have a Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Golf Society. Membership is free of charge and open to any golfer who would like to support their local community charity while playing the sport they love. If you would like more information please click here.
The photos below are just some the recent events the Golf Society have organised in order to help generate funds for the hospice.