Following on from the success of last year's 'Light up your home' initiative, we are this year launching our first ever 'Festive Lights Tour' aimed at inspiring our local community as well as creating awareness and raising funds for the Hospice.
We are looking for houses wanting to join our tour and dazzle passers by with their amazing light displays and other festive decorations.
The Hospice's Lead Christmas Elf will choose the best decorated house and the winner will be treated to a wonderful Christmas hamper.
If you would like to take part then register your address no later than the 6th December. Alternatively you can contact our Fundraising Team using the details below.
If you would like to take part and join the tour, a map will be available to download from 6th December 2021.
Things to know if you are taking part
- The tour event will go live on Monday 6th December 2021 but if you would like to display yours earlier please do.
- Your address will be publicly advertised on our tour map and shared online on our website and across all our social media sites. [Your name and other personal information will not be displayed on the map.]
- We’re asking all participants to display a QR code outside your home on which will allow the public to scan and make a donation to the Hospice which will help us raise funds over the festive season. and for you to use to share on social media.
- Help spread the word by posting and sharing pictures of your beautifully lit up home on social media, along with how to make a donation to help us reach as many people as we can – by spreading Christmas joy to all who are near!
- And finally, please ensure you have sought permission from the home owner [if that’s not you] to host a Christmas light display like this, making sure you have the correct home insurance policy in place and take care to secure all lights and decorations safely.
- Visitors admiring your home are encouraged to enjoy the display safely from the road or sidewalk and should not touch any displays.