The physiotherapists assess patients individually and may offer advice and treatment for a range of problems including breathing difficulties, muscle weakness, joint stiffness, pain, limb swelling and general mobility. And if required the physiotherapist will organise and provide you with an appropriate walking aid.
The physiotherapist aims to:
- Maximise physical function
- Promote independence
- Assist the patient to adapt to their condition
- Inform patients and carers
- Work closely with other members of the multi disciplinary team
- Achieve the best possible quality of life for patients, family and carers.
At our Wellbeing Centre we are very fortunate to be able to offer patients a fully equipped physiotherapy gym.