Terms and Conditions
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery
Terms & Conditions
- When we receive a request to join our lottery, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery will send the prospective player an introduction letter advising of their membership number(s). This membership number will be generated randomly by our membership software system (Donorflex) during the application process. Single tickets purchased at one of our outlets will be entered into the draw stated on the counterfoil of the ticket.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw carried out normally each Friday. If you pay £4.34 or multiples thereof by calendar month then each 34p per entry will accumulate in your account over three months to fund the thirteenth week in every quarter of a year resulting from some months having 5 weeks in them. All single tickets are paid for at the time of receipt and charged at £1 per ticket.
- Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published in the local press, on our website and in all hospice locations. Prizes will be in the form of sterling cheques and made payable in the member’s name as indicated on their application or as indicated on the stub of the single ticket which has been purchased. Should one individual represent a particular syndicate and apply to have a number(s) in their name, the Lottery will make any prize cheque due to this individual and it is incumbent upon them to distribute the winnings to the syndicate members. Clubs or syndicates may apply to join, but it should be noted in the event of a prize cheque being made out the cheque will be payable in the name of this club, and not to an individual. Should single tickets be marked to be donated back to the hospice, the winning cheque will be made payable to the hospice indicated on the ticket or to both hospices where no specific hospice is indicated. The cheques are mailed direct to the winning member’s address as recorded on their application.
- The regular payment facility can be by standing order. A standing order mandate can be obtained via our website or via communication to the lottery office. All information is available in our leaflets, from the lottery office or by visiting our website.
- Any pence credit that remains on a members account will after a period of ten weeks be treated as a general donation to the hospice that the particular member has been supporting. Any un-cashed prizes will after a period of 12 weeks be treated as a general donation to the hospice that the particular member has been supporting.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at anytime with members numbers continuing in the draw until the credit against each number has reduced to 99p. If members pay by standing order then members must contact their bank/building society to cancel your instruction. Refunds cannot be made after your payment has been credited to a membership number. Please contact the Fundraising office for further assistance.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Lottery Manager within 7 days. The decision of the Lottery Manager will be final.
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery or one off prize draws may be submitted in writing or telephoned through to the lottery office or emailed to us. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion and then expanded in 6 monthly increments.
- The requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 mean that the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that you are 16 years old or over and reside in Great Britain. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. By submitting a request to join the lottery, individuals are agreeing to the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery carrying out checks in any way it may deem appropriate. This may include references to credit and government agencies.
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association who on behalf of their members make a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the Gambleaware website.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved, it will be referred to alternative dispute resolution. As a member of the Lotteries Council this will be free of charge through The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) Telephone:020 7347 5883. Fax:020 7347 5882. Email:email@example.com.
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data as well as storing securely bank information and credit / debit card data for those members who pay by these methods. It will be appreciated by members that Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- All profits from our Lottery are split 50/50 between Woking & Sam Beare Hospices and go directly towards funding the care and support that is given to our patients and their families. No charge is made to our patients and their families for the care we give.
- No employed member of Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery may play the Lottery. All other paid staff, volunteers and trustees of the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Charity staff may play the Lottery.
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure payment received into its bank account is considered as a stake in the draw. In the event of ambiguous credits into the bank account the Promoter will take reasonable steps to confirm the intention of these monies from the sender of these monies and act accordingly.
- Subscriptions to the Lottery cannot attract Gift Aid.
- Players pay in advance for a number of chances in a series of draws or purchase a single ticket for one chance per ticket purchased. Once a payment for a number of weeks has been made it will be the Promoter’s decision as to whether a refund can be made on this subscription. Players may stop participation in the draw at any time and no notice is required to the Promoter. In the event of a player wishing to stop playing and having a sum of money held by the Promoter as a stake for future draws, the Promoter may at their discretion refuse a refund of this advance payment. The refund could, in any event only be made for the value of the initial payment less any chances used in the interim period and less administration costs incurred. Refunds can only be made in exceptional circumstances.
- Card payments will be accepted either face to face, in the lottery office, by mail or via telephone. The player must be the cardholder. The Promoter will not take any further card payments without permission from the cardholder. The Promoter will hold a record of any and all transactions.
- If the transaction is made by mail then the following will apply. In the event of the player being new to the lottery, the Promoter will confirm their opening subscription in writing. In the event of the transaction failing the Promoter will inform the prospective player of this failure and would expect to include reasons for this failure. The prospective player will be asked whether they still wish to become a player of the lottery and if so would need to supply an opening payment. In the event of the player renewing their existing subscription it will be assumed that the transaction has succeeded and the Promoter will not notify confirmation to the player. In the event of the transaction failing the Promoter will inform the player of this failure and would expect to include reasons for this failure. The player will be asked whether they wish to play the lottery and that if so would need to supply another payment.
- If the transaction is conducted via telephone the following will apply. The player will be informed during the call if the transaction has succeeded or failed. If this player is a new player to the lottery they will be sent confirmation of their participation in the lottery. If this player is an existing member renewing their subscription they will not be sent any confirmation of the transaction.
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery is Licensed by the Gambling Commission, License Number’s 000-004730-N-100518-011 and 000-004730-A-317787-005 – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- Promoter: Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery, 01483 881750, Registered Charity No: Woking Hospice 1082798 & Sam Beare Hospice. 1115439. Person responsible for the Lottery is Kelly Newell 01483 742856
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.