Raffle Terms & Conditions
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Raffles
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets purchased via the mailing or at a venue or outlet will be entered into the draw stated on the counterfoil of the ticket.
- Each ticket must be paid for at the time of receipt and charged at £1 per ticket.
- Prize winners are notified by telephone within 1 week of the draw taking place and arrangements for collection of the prize will be made. Any cash prizes will be in the form of sterling cheques and made payable to the player as indicated on the stub of the single ticket which has been purchased and will be sent to the winner by post.
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other changes to details that they deem necessary.
- An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices one off prize draws may be submitted in writing or telephoned through to the Raffles office or emailed to us. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to purchase tickets for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
- The requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 mean that the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices has a statutory duty to verify that you are 16 years old or over and reside in the UK. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a raffle. By purchasing a ticket, individuals are agreeing to the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Raffles team carrying out checks in any way it may deem appropriate.
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association who on behalf of their members make a financial contribution towards the GREaT foundation www.thegreatfoundation.org.uk , an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling. The Hospice Lotteries Association website www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to the GREaT foundation and also to GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the Gambleaware website www.gambleaware.co.uk .
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery & Raffles office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved, it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data as well as storing securely bank information and credit / debit card data for those members who pay by these methods. It will be appreciated by players that Woking & Sam Beare Hospices cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- All profits from our draws are split 50/50 between Woking & Sam Beare Hospices and go directly towards funding the care and support that is given to our patients and their families. No charge is made to our patients and their families for the care we give.
- No employed member of Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery & Raffles team may take part in the Raffles. All other paid staff, volunteers and trustees of the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Charity staff may take part in the Raffles.
- Tickets purchased for the Raffles cannot attract Gift Aid.
- Players purchase a single ticket for one chance per ticket purchased in advance of the draw date. Once a payment has been made it will be the promoter’s decision as to whether a refund can be made for this purchase. In the event of a player wishing to obtain a refund, the promoter may at their discretion refuse a refund of this payment. The refund would incur administration costs. Refunds can only be made in exceptional circumstances.
- Card payments will be accepted either face to face, in the Raffles office, by mail or via telephone. The player must be the cardholder. The promoter will not take any further card payments without permission from the cardholder. The promoter will hold a record of any and all transactions.
- If the transaction is made by mail then the Raffles team will contact the player only if payment fails. The player will be asked whether they still wish to take part in the Raffles and if so would need to supply alternative payment details.
- If the transaction is conducted via telephone the following will apply. The player will be informed following the call if the transaction has failed. If payment is successful the player will not be sent any confirmation of the transaction unless specifically requested.
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is registered with the Gambling Commission number 004730.
- Promoter: Woking & Sam Beare Hospices Lottery, 01483 881750, Registered Charity No: Woking Hospice 1082798 & Sam Beare Hospice. 1115439. Contact Kelly Newell 01483 742856
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is licensed by the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospices reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.