Schools and Colleges
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices are local charities that need local people of all ages to support our work. If you are studying or teaching at school or college there are really easy ways you can help us and we can also help you!
- Organise a Christmas carol concert
- Arrange a “mufti” day or ask students and teachers to wear silly hats all day
- Hold events like a disco, talent show or sponsored silence
- Have a tea break and charge everyone a small amount for tea and cake
- Individuals can take part in various adventure challenges
We can help you by providing materials like balloons and collection boxes, speaking in assemblies or classes and giving fundraising advice and support.
If you are over 16 you can help us with street collections. These provide an essential link between the public and our charity and are a useful way of developing your communication skills.
We are currently asking schools to take on the challenge of our “Small change – big difference boxes” – find out more
For more information about fundraising at your school or college, please call fundraising on 01483 881752 or send an email.