Ward Host / Hostess
Full or Part Time hours available: 37.5 hours includes weekdays, weekends and bank holidays
Salary: £7.50 an hour
Based: Goldsworth Park, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Job Role : Our new Hospice in Goldsworth Park provides specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients. Our small team of ward hostess’s are critical to providing a pleasant and caring atmosphere for our patients and visiting families. Ward hostess’s main responsibility is to provide an excellent and timely food and beverage service to both inpatients and relatives. This position is a key role, acting between the kitchen and the ward ensuring continuity of service and ensuring good communication is maintained at all times.
The ward hostess will provide a caring, informed and warm welcome to all service users, ensuring the service operates smoothly.
- Collect menu requests from patients and relatives, collate these and deliver to our kitchen.
- Serving breakfast, lunch, supper and beverages.
- Serving afternoon Tea and cake at 3pm.
- Washing up and keeping pantries clean.
- Providing water jugs to rooms as required.
- Operating the dishwasher.
- Restocking of pantries and family pods.
- Being responsible for issues occurring with patients and communicating relevant information to the ward team.
- Assist with adhoc catering duties as and when required.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a hostess or health care environment, with a caring and attentive personality and an ability to provide our patients with the highest level of care and attention.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please see the Job Description or contact the HR department, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, on 01483 742682.
Closing Date: 10th November 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 13th November 2017. No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete this online application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department: