Full or Part Time hours available: 37.5 hours includes weekdays, weekends and bank holidays
Salary: £20,000 per annum based on experience
Based: Woking Hospice, Denton Way, Goldsworth Park, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Job Role : Our new Hospice in Goldsworth Park provides specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients. Our small team of housekeepers critical to providing a hygienic and pleasant atmosphere for our patients and visiting families in a professional and economical way. You will work closely with the inpatient ward and front of house staff to ensure a high quality housekeeping service is provided that meets national and local standards. A flexible approach to working is required to ensure appropriate staff coverage of housekeeping duties across all areas of the hospice and excellent team work is maintained.
- To ensure general cleaning and housekeeping across the Hospice is undertaken at frequencies defined in the cleaning schedule
- To ensure a regular deep-cleaning programme for the Hospice is in place in line with national standards.
- To supervise the housekeeping staff.
- To be a “hands on” senior housekeeper undertaking all cleaning duties as required.
- Prioritise and plan own workload, undertake the planning and monitoring of work schedules and rotas ensuring cover is provided for absent colleagues where necessary
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygienic standards in all areas of the Hospice ensuring that the premises are kept tidy and presentable.
- Manage stock levels and ordering of approved cleaning materials
- Carry out routine checks to ensure that the Hospice Policies of Health and Safety as well as COSHH are being maintained.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a supervisory housekeeper role and experience of working within a health care environment is beneficial. You must have a caring and attentive personality and an ability to provide an excellent cleaning service to the hospice with the highest level of care and attention.
Closing Date: 24th November 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 27th November 2017. No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete this online application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park, Denton Way, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Or email it to: email@example.com.