Relief Shop Manager
Relief Shop Manager
Full or Part Time hours available: 37.5 hours.
Salary: £9.00 an hour.
Based: Based across our retail shops.
Job Role : Our new Hospice in Goldsworth Park provides specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients. The income generated by our retail shops is important to the successful running of the hospice. The post holder will be an important link between the shops ensuring our doors are open and a service is provided at all times. The post holder will need to have a flexible approach as you are required to supervise shops at short notice and apply your retail experience to ensure each day is a success from both a sales generation perspective and a customer service one. It is also essential you maintain a high standard of professional behaviour at all times.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide effective management of a shop in the manager’s absence.
- Provide effective management of a team of volunteers, if required organise an appropriate rota.
- Prepare donations for safe collection by the Warehouse.
- Receive stock from the Warehouse and prepare for sale, including hanging, steaming and pricing according to category.
- Ensure that all merchandise is displayed in a logical and coordinated way, to agreed standards, in a manner that is attractive and accessible to customers.
- Ensure maximum donations are gift aided.
- Ensure the shop complies with all current Health and Safety, Fire and Trading Standards legislation.
- Ensure effective communication with line manager.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a retail management or supervisory role, excellent communication skills and an ability to adapt and maximise sales in changing environments.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please see the Job Description or contact the HR department, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, on 01483 742682.
Closing Date: 17th November 2017
Interviews: 22nd and 23rd November 2017. No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete this online application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park, Denton Way, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.