Front of House Assistant
Front of House Assistant
Full or Part Time hours available: This role is available 10.00-16.00 on Saturday and Sunday (there will be some flexibility with the 6 hour shift)
Salary: £9.50 an hour
Based: Based in Goldsworth Park, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Job Role : Our new Hospice in Goldsworth Park provides specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients. The Front of House Assistant will provide a caring, informed and warm welcome to all staff and service users, ensuring the Facility operates smoothly across all weekend services and managing the café service and volunteer café hosts. The post holder will also be the lead contact for weekend events and act as a responsible key-holder for the facility maintaining a high standard of professional behaviour at all times.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide and maintain effective communications with all departments, external agencies and members of the public whilst operating in a professional manner to all callers and visitors.
- To play a key role in the event of a fire evacuation or emergency situation.
- Act as a responsible key holder for the facility at the weekend, ensuring access control procedures are followed at all times
- To be the lead Front of House contact during weekend café operations, fundraising events, training courses and corporate events.
- Liaise with the nurse in charge regarding the operation of the facility during the weekend
- Monitoring of the CCTV system and Admin Block and reporting any issues to the Clinical Lead/Exec on Call (and emergency services when appropriate)
- Being responsible for issues occurring within the front of house remit and communicating effectively with those concerned.
- Assist with a range of administrative duties as and when required.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a front of house environment, excellent communication skills and an ability to solve problems and involve the necessary parties.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please see the Job Description or contact the HR department, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, on 01483 742682.
Closing Date: 10th November 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 13th November 2017. No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete this online application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park, Denton Way, , Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.