Full or Part Time hours available: This role will include weekdays, weekend and bank holiday working on a rota basis.
Salary: £7.95 an hour
Based: Based in Goldsworth Park, Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Job Role : Our new Hospice in Goldsworth Park provides specialist palliative care to both cancer and non-cancer patients. The catering assistant will provide a quality catering service to patients, relatives and staff under the supervision of the Catering Manager. The service is provided to inpatients, day patients, the café and ‘as required’ catering for the education centre. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our small, friendly catering team and get involved in a number of different catering requirements.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of food under the guidance of the senior person.
- To assist with the receipt of goods and use of correct storage, stock rotation, recording delivery temperatures as required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy appearance and good personal hygiene at all times, particularly with regard to regular and thorough hand washing.
- To clean all kitchen equipment and kitchen area in accordance with work schedules and following safe methods of work, ensuring high standards are maintained at all times.
- To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in which he/she works.
You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a catering background and a positive “can do” attitude.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please see the Job Description or contact the HR department, Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, on 01483 742682.
Closing Date: 10th November 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 13th November 2017. No agencies please.
To apply please download and complete this online application form and return it along with your CV to the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Woking Hospice, Goldsworth Park, Denton Way, , Woking, Surrey GU21 3LG
Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.