Event: South Coast Challenge
Take on The South Coast Challenge, a brand new Ultra Challenge for 2017. Whether you’re a seasoned walker or new to endurance events, it's a great way to fundraise, get fit and focus on a new goal!
Take on the brand new 100km South Coast Challenge, taking in some of England’s finest scenery from Eastbourne to Brighton and finishing in Arundel. Most will walk it, many will jog parts, and some will run the full 100km. Each participant will have a special reason to take on the challenge, and whatever yours is, it will be a unique test of stamina & determination.
Starting from Eastbourne early Saturday morning, this route takes you on the coastal path up onto the South Downs Way, via infamous Beachy Head and through Seven Sisters Country Park. See it all in daylight with the 2 Day Full Challenge option and get some rest overnight. There’s 100km of coastal paths, ups & downs, and highs & lows to experience before the finish line. Whether you’re new to endurance events or a seasoned challenger, the journey will be unforgettable!
- WALK IT – at your own pace 24+ hours
- JOG IT – run a bit, walk when it suits you
- RUN IT – fully supported ‘Ultra Marathon’
- Varied 100km route
- Join as an Individual or as a Team
- 1st & 2nd Half Challenge options available
- Quarter Challenge 23km option available
- NEW 2 DAY OPTION – sleep at half way
- Eastbourne start
- FREE hot meals, drinks & snacks en route
- Marquee rest stops every 12.5km
- Pace walkers, physios, massage, medics
- Runners 100km run trophy
Join Team WSB
Registration for the South Coast Challenge starts from £49 with distances of 50km or 100km available and a suggested fundraising target of £250+. To apply please visit the South Coast Challenge website or contact our Challenge Events Team for further information.
What to expect: As part of Team WSB our Challenge Events team are on hand to offer you plenty of support including:
- Unlimited Fundraising advice & guidance from a dedicated Challenge Events team
- A Fundraising Guide crammed full of brilliant ideas and useful information
- Online giving pages such as JustGiving & Virgin Money Giving
- Free running vest or t-shirt if you choose to fundraise for us
- 100% satisfaction knowing that you are helping the Hospices to continue to provide palliative care and support to Surrey residents.
Get in touch: To register for this event or for further information please call our Challenge Events Team on 01483 881752 or send an email. We can’t wait to get you on board!
For full information on the challenge, its inclusions, the route, FAQ’s and much more – please visit the official website.
Find out about all our other challenge events for 2017 in our Challenge Events Brochure