Event: Nepal Trek and Hospice Project
Join Team WSB for a breath-taking 5 day trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal. After you trek, volunteer at a local hospice and help with tasks such as gardening, painting and decorating.
A land of geographic icons, historic adventures and monumental landscapes, Nepal sits in the shadow of Everest but shines with myriad treasures. With rare wildlife, vibrant art and culture and simple villages preserving an ancient way of life – Nepal has established itself as a serene yet adventurous destination! This trek covering the Annapurna region of the world famous Himalayas, will have you taking in spectacular views of snowy peaks, whilst immersing yourself in true Nepalese culture.
When: Saturday 7th – Wednesday 18th October 2017
The average trekking time per day will be around 5-8 hours, depending on the average group pace. You will be covering approximately 8-15km per day which equivalents to 5-10miles. It will be a challenge but a very worthwhile one! Every mile you trek will be helping us continue to provide our top quality palliative care.
This is a wonderful opportunity to embark on a challenge with a community focused twist! After the arduous and challenging trek, you will spend two days helping a non-profit hospice care organisation in Kathmandu, which offers services and support to terminally ill patients and their families. Set up by a small team of doctors in 2000, the organisation has since provided free medicine, therapy and support to those in need. Expect to be tasked with basic refurbishment at the hospice e.g. repainting and decorating rooms, or improving the kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Download your own information pack for more information.
Join Team WSB
Registration for the Nepal Trek and Hospice Project is £395.00 for this 12 day challenge and community project. You then have 2 options:
- The Self-Funded Option – you pay the full cost – then 100% of any fundraising you do is donated to the Hospices.
2. The Charity Fundraising Option – you will be set a minimum sponsorship target of £2995.00 approximately half of which will cover the cost of your participation, and the rest will be donated to the Hospices.
To register your place, please contact our Challenge Events Team and request a registration form.
What To Expect!
As part of Team WSB our Challenge Events team are on hand to offer you plenty of support including:
- Unlimited Fundraising advice & guidance from a dedicated Challenge Events team
- A Fundraising Guide crammed full of brilliant ideas and useful information
- A personalised poster to advertise your online giving pages such as JustGiving & Virgin Money Giving
- Free vest or t-shirt when you choose to fundraise for us
- Fundraising materials such as banners, buckets and collection tins
- 100% satisfaction knowing that you are helping the Hospices to continue to provide palliative care and support to Surrey residents.
- Team WSB Nepal specific events such as reception evenings and group training walks.
Get in touch: If you would like any further information, please call our Challenge Events Team on 01483 881752 or send an email. We can’t wait to get you on board!